Hello everybody, it’s me, Dave, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, best old-fashioned chocolate pudding. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Old fashioned chocolate pudding made with cocoa powder and basic ingredients you'll have on hand. An old-fashion recipe made with basic ingredients that any homemaker will have on hand. The results are so much better than the store.
Best Old-Fashioned Chocolate Pudding is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. They are nice and they look wonderful. Best Old-Fashioned Chocolate Pudding is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have best old-fashioned chocolate pudding using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Best Old-Fashioned Chocolate Pudding:
- Take 1/2 C sugar
- Take 1/4 C cornstarch
- Prepare 3 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder (don't worry about leveling but not super heaping)
- Take 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Prepare 2 3/4 C milk (whole is best but you can also use 2%)
- Make ready 2 tablespoons room temperature butter (not margarine)
- Get 1 teaspoon vanilla
Old-fashioned chocolate pudding takes no time at all. It came out thick and has a great texture but I had to add powdered sugar to sweeten this up. As is it's a good recipe just use the sweeter chocolate if you like it sweet because otherwise it won't be sweet at all. Well, this is your grandma's puddin' pie, only it's vegan!
Steps to make Best Old-Fashioned Chocolate Pudding:
- In a medium saucepan, stir together the sugar, salt, cornstarch and cocoa powder
- Whisk in the milk…the cornstarch and cocoa powder will float on top of the milk but as you go on they'll be absorbed, so don't worry -but keep the sides of the pan scraped down
- Using medium heat, bring the mixture to a low boil, stirring constantly…this step can take up to 15 minutes
- Keep the mixture bubbling slowly until it thickens enough to coat the back of your stirring spoon
- Remove from heat and stir in the butter and vanilla
- THE PUDDING WILL BE HOT*
- Pour into a sturdy bowl and let rest for 10 minutes before covering with plastic wrap…have the wrap touch the surface of the pudding, this prevents a "skin" from forming
- Refrigerate and enjoy!
Smooth, cool and creamy pudding in a classic graham cracker shell. Because of its classic simplicity Add chocolate chips and mix to melt. Old-Fashioned Chocolate Pudding recipe: Try this Old-Fashioned Chocolate Pudding recipe, or contribute your own. Theres no need to use whole milk, but you can. Use good quality cocoa and high quality vanilla extract.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food best old-fashioned chocolate pudding recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!