Hey everyone, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, typical nigerian oven baked meat pie. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Nigerian Meat Pie is one of the meat snacks recipes made with minced meat, potato and carrot filling. Learn how to make the best Nigerian Meat Pie This gives the meat pie a golden brown look when done. This time will depend on the. Minced Beef & Potato in a Buttery Shortcrust Pastry Apologies, I meant to say a 'teaspoon of salt' not a 'tablespoon'. Thanks for.
Typical Nigerian oven baked meat pie is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. Typical Nigerian oven baked meat pie is something that I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook typical nigerian oven baked meat pie using 23 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Typical Nigerian oven baked meat pie:
- Take 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- Make ready 1 tablespoon sugar
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Make ready 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Take 1 egg
- Make ready 250 g cold margarine
- Get Water
- Make ready Filling
- Make ready Minced meat
- Get Scotch bonnets
- Take Garlic
- Take Onions
- Make ready Irish potatoes
- Prepare Carrots
- Get Oil
- Make ready Water
- Take Corn flour
- Get Thyme
- Get Curry
- Take cubes Seasoning
- Make ready Salt
- Prepare Ginger (fresh or dried)
- Make ready Ajinomoto
Line your baking sheet with parchment paper. With a bench scraper or sharp. Nigerian Meat pie is one of Nigeria's popular snack and it's loved by all. The buttery shortcrust pastry is filled with mincemeat cooked in rich flavour.
Steps to make Typical Nigerian oven baked meat pie:
- In a bowl, add all ur dry ingredients (flour,salt,sugar,baking powder) and mix
- Add the cold butter in cuts into the dry ingredients and mix until everything is mixed together
- Break the egg and add then mix again
- Add cold water in bits until a dough is formed. NB: do not add too much water, sprinkle the water if necessary so as not to make the dough watery or soggy… the dough would look like this. Keep it in the fridge for Atleast 30mins.
- For the filling, heat up little oil and add ur minced meat. Add garlic,onions,scotch bonnets,salt,seasoning,thyme,curry,ajinomoto (optional).
- Allow to cook for about 5mins, then add water and add ur potatoes. Allow to cook until the potatoes are cooked. Then you add carrots and onions
- Mix corn starch and water, and then add then allow to simmer for a minute then turn off the heat. That is the final product in the pic
- Take out ur dough from the fridge and cut them into 8
- Roll each piece and place on a pie cutter, rub egg to the edges and add the filling and clip
- After clipping, and removing the edges, butter up ur tray and arrange. After that rub egg onto the pies(for glowing🤣). Add to ur preheated oven and bake till golden brown. And walaaaa! Ur final product
Nigerian Meat pie is one of Nigeria's popular snack and it's loved by all. The buttery shortcrust pastry is filled with mincemeat cooked in rich flavour. When baking, I always recommend using a kitchen instead of cup measurements. Kitchen scale measurement is the same everywhere but cups are not. West African Meat pie or the Nigerian Meat pie is light and slightly Flaky and it's stuffed with well seasoned Ground Beef (minced Beef), Potatoes and carrots.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food typical nigerian oven baked meat pie recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!