Hello everybody, it’s Brad, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, pastelitos (chicken/steak). One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Pastelitos (Chicken/Steak) is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. Pastelitos (Chicken/Steak) is something that I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
Dominican style chicken empanadas and pastelitos are a must for family get togethers and the holidays! These tasty finger foods are a insanely delicious and. A great snack to serve when having guests.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook pastelitos (chicken/steak) using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Pastelitos (Chicken/Steak):
- Make ready 1 Pk. Empanada Discs
- Get 1 1/2 Cups Steak
- Prepare 2 Cups Chicken
- Get 1/3 Cup Peppers
- Prepare 1 Small Onion
- Prepare 4 Mushrooms
- Take 3 Cloves Garlic
- Take 1 1/2 Cups Cheese
- Prepare Seasoned Salt
- Make ready Black Pepper
- Get 4 Heaping Tbs. Tomato Sauce
- Make ready Oil
Cuban pastries (turnovers) made with puff pastry and filled with guava paste and Making these pastelitos de guayaba y queso was beyond easy (which is dangerous). With sweet fillings they can used as desserts and with savory fillings, either as side dishes or snacks. puff pastry sheets. simple syrup. sugar. guava marmalade. cream cheese. herbed cream cheese. sweetened cream cheese. "picadillo" style meat. apple pie filling. cherry pie filling. These flakey, sweet, delicious pastelitos de guayaba y queso are a quick and easy Cuban dessert you can. Cooking Times & Temps beef, chicken, ham, pork, turkey.
Steps to make Pastelitos (Chicken/Steak):
- Prep ingredients as seen below. (I used cooked bbq meats, so they were already seasoned. I seasoned the veggies with seasoned salt and black pepper. I recommend seasoning your meat if it’s not pre-cooked). Divide and sauté veggies in two pans.
- Add meats, respectively and heat through. Finish with 2 Tbs. Tomato Sauce in each pan. Stir and let cool to room temperature. Set up a flat work station and get some flour on it.
- This is the challenging part. Don’t listen to your mind. Your mind will tell you to stuff the hell out of these, but don’t. The maximum you can put in these is about 2 1/2- 3 Tbs. of filling. So, do that and put some cheese on top. Keep everything centered then fold it over as seen. Pinch the edges hard with a fork. Be careful not to pierce the middle. You don’t want them opening up in the hot oil.
- I used a cast iron skillet with an unquantifiable amount of oil. Get the oil hot and begin frying. Just be sure that you can cover at least 3/4 of the pastelitos. If you have a deep fryer, even better. (Yes, you can bake these. And it’s sinful, but yes, you can probably put them in the air fryer). Fry for a few minutes on each side.
- Remove when golden brown. Not too brown, just brown enough. The browning will continue when removed. Also, I found the best way to drain is by placing them on a rack with paper towels underneath. That way, they’re not sitting in a oil-soaked pad of paper towels.
Home > Recipes > Main Dishes > Pastelitos. Pastelitos de Guayaba con Queso (Guava Pastelitos) is a Cuban favorite. Pastelitos de guayaba con queso are super popular in Miami. Give me one of these and a cordadito and it's feels like heaven! Combine lots of butter, flour and eggs.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food pastelitos (chicken/steak) recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!